[rust-dev] Issues linking a static Rust library

Tahia Khan tahia.khan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 19:56:32 PDT 2014

Thanks so much for the responses, they were very helpful! I ended up
manually working with the archive with ar commands (never knew about that
tool, thanks Ilya!) to get rid of non-object files and then suppressing
compiler errors about unresolved symbols (symbols that were specific to
rust I think, eg r-morestack-moretack.o) in the XCode linker with
"-undefined warning" flag. A bit hacky, but good enough for my purposes!

As for how these non-object files are used in static libraries.. from what
I can gather after researching the file types I encountered, looks like
they are used by LLVM for link time optimization.

Tahia