[rust-dev] Qt5 Rust bindings and general C++ to Rust bindings feedback

Alexander Tsvyashchenko ndl at endl.ch
Thu May 22 13:27:42 PDT 2014

Hi All,

Recently I was playing with bindings generator from C++ to Rust. I
managed to make things work for Qt5 wrapping, but stumbled into multiple
issues along the way.

I tried to summarize my "pain points" in the following blog post:
http://endl.ch/content/cxx2rust-pains-wrapping-c-rust-example-qt5

I hope that others might benefit from my experience and that some of
these "pain points" can be fixed in Rust.

I'll try to do my best in answering questions / acting on feedback, if
any, but I have very limited amount of free time right now so sorry in
advance if answers take some time.

Thanks!

--
Good luck! Alexander