[rust-dev] Integer overflow, round -2147483648

Daniel Micay danielmicay at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 17:41:49 PDT 2014

On 24/06/14 08:39 PM, Vadim Chugunov wrote:
> I mostly agree, though  for #1, I think that new int types would be more
> appropriate.   A set of special operators seems like an overkill for a
> relatively infrequently used functionality.  Annotations are too broad
> (what if I need to do both wrapping and non-wrapping calculations in the
> same scope?).

Introducing new types would make the language more painful to use, and
it would be difficult to determine the correct types to use at API
boundaries. It would be a large backwards compatibility hazard among
other issues, and would introduce performance overhead due to issues
like `&[u32]` and `&[u32c]` being different types.