[rust-dev] Integer overflow, round -2147483648

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 14:57:32 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 2:44 PM, Daniel Micay <danielmicay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Rust is a performance-centric systems language, Swift is not.

You say that, but I don't see how it applies to my argument. 2 of the 3
options I proposed are purely additive changes to Rust that would not
affect at all how it works today, besides adding new functionality. I'm
just proposing that the new functionality mirror what Swift is doing, so
that optimizations that are added to LLVM by Apple/Swift can be leveraged
by Rust too.

Make sense?

--
Tony Arcieri