[rust-dev] Integer overflow, round -2147483648

comex comexk at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 20:45:43 PDT 2014

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 7:10 PM, Daniel Micay <danielmicay at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Er... since when?  Many single-byte opcodes in x86-64 corresponding to
>> deprecated x86 instructions are currently undefined.
>
> http://ref.x86asm.net/coder64.html
>
> I don't see enough gaps here for the necessary instructions.

You can see a significant number of invalid one-byte entries, 06, 07,
0e, 1e, 1f, etc.  The simplest addition would just be to resurrect
INTO and make it efficient - assuming signed 64 and 32 bit integers
are good enough for most use cases.  Alternatively, it could be two
one-byte instructions to add an unsigned version (perhaps a waste of
precious slots) or a two-byte instruction which could perhaps allow
trapping on any condition.  Am I missing something?