[rust-dev] Integer overflow, round -2147483648

Diggory Hardy lists at dhardy.name
Sat Jun 21 05:27:42 PDT 2014

As far as I am aware, using theorem proving tools[1] to provide limits on value ranges is pretty
hard and often computationally intensive to do in /simple/ code. I've only seen prototype systems
where the user is expected to write full contracts on exactly how every function may modify
every value it could, as well as often providing hints to the prover (especially for loops). So I really
don't think this is going to help much.

[1]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_theorem_proving