[rust-dev] On Copy = POD

Patrick Walton pcwalton at mozilla.com
Fri Jun 20 12:10:20 PDT 2014

On 6/20/14 12:07 PM, Paulo Sérgio Almeida wrote:]
> Currently being Copy equates with being Pod. The more time passes and
> the more code examples I see, it is amazing the amount of ugliness that
> it causes. I wonder if there is a way out.

Part of the problem is that a lot of library code assumes that Copy
types can be copied by just moving bytes around. Having copy
constructors would mean that this simplifying assumption would have to
change. It's doable, I suppose, but having copy constructors would have
a significant downside.

Patrick