[rust-dev] Rust's documentation is about to drastically improve

Matthieu Monrocq matthieu.monrocq at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:27:37 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Steve Klabnik <steve at steveklabnik.com>
wrote:

> > In case of trivial entities
>
> The problem with this is what's trivial to you isn't trivial to someone
> else.
>
> > think about the amount of update this may make necessary in case Rust
> language syntax changes.
>
> Literally my job. ;) Luckily, the syntax has been pretty stable
> lately, and most changes have just been mechanical.

If you could, it would be awesome to invest in a check that the provided
examples compile with the current release of the compiler (possibly as part
of the documentation generation).

This not only guarantees that the examples are up-to-date, but also helps
in locating out-dated examples.

On the other hand, this may require more boilerplate to get self-contained
examples (that can actually be compiled), so YMMV.

-- Matthieu