[rust-dev] The 'rust' repo has moved to the 'rust-lang' organization on GitHub

Brian Anderson banderson at mozilla.com
Mon Jun 16 15:07:52 PDT 2014

Hi, folks.

I've just moved the main repo from the 'mozilla' organization to
'rust-lang': https://github.com/rust-lang/rust. This has been a while
coming and reflects that Rust is a major project with its own community
and culture, and not simply another project under the Mozilla umbrella.

Since GitHub sets up redirects, for the most part this should just work
and not affect anybody. I'll spend some time updating links in
documentation, but please let me know if you see breakage.

I've also taken this opportunity to do some house cleaning on the GitHub
teams that have access to the repo: our dev process has changed over the
years to not require that many people actually have write access, but
during that time we've accumulated a long list of people who do have
such access. I believe the only need for this now is to push to the
`try` branch, and to tag and close issues. Accordingly, I've gone
through the list of collaborators from the old organization and used my
judgement to put currently-active contributors who appear to use this
sort of access into a new 'Rust-Push' team. If you find that suddenly
you can't do something you need to be able to do, let me know in
private: it's not an intentional slight.

Regards,
Brian