[rust-dev] iOS cross compilation

Valerii Hiora valerii.hiora at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:19:22 PDT 2014

Hi,

  So finally Rust can cross-compile for iOS (armv7 only for now). BTW,
it also means that Rust now can be used both for iOS and Android
low-level development.

  Short instructions are available here:
  https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Doc-building-for-ios

  Unfortunately LLVM patch for supporting segmented stacks on armv7 was
declined by Apple (it used kind of private API) and therefore there is
no stack protection at all.

  It still could be enabled by compiling with a patched LLVM (I can
provide a patch and instructions if needed).

  Everything else should "just work" but let me know if you have any
problem.

--

  Valerii