[rust-dev] &self/&mut self in traits considered harmful(?)

Tommi rusty.gates at icloud.com
Sun Jun 15 00:37:39 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-15, at 9:56, Benjamin Striegel <ben.striegel at gmail.com> wrote:

> You're welcome to draft a proposal if you think that you have an idea to make this possible.

The idea of the `stable` keyword was designed specifically as a bandage on the current trait-system to allow a trait to say that: "this function argument can be passed however you like as long as the caller of this function won't be able to see it modified". I introduced this idea on a long, previous post which began with: