[rust-dev] Building rustc @ 1GB RAM?

Ian Daniher explodingmind at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 09:15:16 PDT 2014

I have a dual core arm machine with 1GB of RAM keeping up with rust master
- every 8hrs, it updates git, runs "make install," and 8hrs later I have an
up-to-date rustc w/ libs.

No swap, no compression kmods, just a build of rustc & libs that passes
(almost) all tests.

root at debian-0d0dd:/mnt/armscratch/node-v0.10.28# free -h; uname -a; cat