[rust-dev] Building rustc @ 1GB RAM?

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Tue Jun 10 14:19:09 PDT 2014

I tried building rust in a VM with 1GB of memory and it seems only
zswap works. With zram-only solution without any real swap I was not
able to compile rust at all. The compiler generated out-of-memory
exception with zram configured to take 30-70% of memory. With zswap
enabled, zswap.max_pool_percent=70  and the real swap of 2.5 GB the
compilation time for the latest tip was about 2 hours. This is on Mac
Air and Linux inside VirtualBox.