[rust-dev] 7 high priority Rust libraries that need to be written

Vladimir Matveev dpx.infinity at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 10:01:25 PDT 2014

Well, JSR-310 is implemented here [1], and it is licensed under GPL2 license. As far as I remember, in that case Google reproduced some internal Java API, so this seems to be a different thing. BTW, one of the implementors of JSR-310 suggested [3] looking into an older implementation which is now a backport of JSR-310 to JavaSE 7 [2]. It is licensed under BSD license, which is even more permissive.

Also because Rust is a different language with completely different idioms and approaches to API design, I think we’ll have no problems in this regard - the actual API is going to be quite different from the original JSR-310.

  [1]: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/threeten/threeten/jdk
  [2]: https://github.com/ThreeTen/threetenbp
  [3]: https://github.com/mozilla/rust/issues/14657#issuecomment-45240889