[rust-dev] how is Rust bootstrapped?

Kevin Cantu me at kevincantu.org
Mon Jun 9 03:32:58 PDT 2014

Perl and Python may still be dependencies for small things on some
platforms, IIRC, too.

Anyways, to get `rustc` on a new architecture, it must be one LLVM
supports, and then you should cross-compile `rustc` onto it.  I don't
remember for sure whether `rustc` even runs on ARM, or if people just
cross-compile binaries for it, actually, though...

Kevin