[rust-dev] Value may contain references; add `'static` bound to `I`

Gulshan Singh gsingh_2011 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 19:33:16 PDT 2014

I'm getting this error but I don't completely understand why: value may
contain references; add `'static` bound to `I`. Here are the relevant
snippets of code, I can add more if required:
https://gist.github.com/gsingh93/ca7da693d98936dec10b

The general idea is I have a Simulator object that stores a reference to an
Automaton and a boxed Iterator<&I>, where I is the type that is input to
the automaton. I have the `'a` lifetime on all of the references because I
want them to have the same lifetime, so I don't know why it's telling me to
add `'static`. I've asked about this in IRC, but I didn't get any response.