[rust-dev] 7 high priority Rust libraries that need to be written

Bardur Arantsson spam at scientician.net
Sat Jun 7 09:01:16 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-05 01:01, Brian Anderson wrote:
> # Date/Time (https://github.com/mozilla/rust/issues/14657)
>
> Our time crate is very minimal, and the API looks dated. This is a hard
> problem and JodaTime seems to be well regarded so let's just copy it.

JSR310 has already been mentioned in the thread, but I didn't see anyone
mentioning that it was accepted into the (relatively) recently finalized
JDK8:

   http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/time/package-summary.html

The important thing to note is basically that it was simplified quite a
lot relative to JodaTime, in particular by removing non-Gregorian
chronologies.

Regards,