[rust-dev] How do I bootstrap rust form armhf?

Valerii Hiora valerii.hiora at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 08:19:28 PDT 2014

> I'm trying to run rustc on an arm board, but obviously there's no
> precompiled stage0 to build the compiler.
> Is there a procedure to cross-compile stage0 on other host machine where
> I do have rustc?

    Disclaimer: haven't tried anything like this, but just a couple of
hints:

    - configure script checks for CFG_ENABLE_LOCAL_RUST, so it should be
possible to use any rustc
    - in src/etc there are make_snapshot.py, snapshot.py, local_stage0.sh
which might be useful for study
    - there are a couple of mentions of cfg(stage0) in sources, probably
compiling rust for stage0 will require additionally setting --cfg stage0

--

    Valerii