[rust-dev] Building rustc @ 1GB RAM?

Igor Bukanov igor at mir2.org
Thu Jun 5 11:25:10 PDT 2014

Have you considered to use zram? Typically the compression for
compiler memory is over a factor of 3 so that can be an option as the
performance degradation under swapping could be tolerable. A similar
option is to enable zswap, but as the max compression with it is
effectively limited by factor of 2, it may not be enough to avoid
swapping.