[rust-dev] Dependent Type | Dependent Object Types

Eduard Bopp eduard.bopp at aepsil0n.de
Thu Jun 5 02:29:27 PDT 2014

On 06/05/2014 11:14 AM, Suminda Dharmasena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another aspect that can be considered is Dependent Types.

I had the same concern and opened an RFC heading into that direction a
couple of weeks ago. [1] But as far as I understand this is quite a
technical challenge. For instance, this requires compile-time execution
of arbitrary functions, which has been discussed [2] in the past. Also
the scope of this type system extension needs to be clarified. I think,
my RFC is not complete in that regard yet, and would appreciate
constructive feedback very much.

[1]: https://github.com/rust-lang/rfcs/pull/56
[2]: https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/rust-dev/2014-January/008252.html