[rust-dev] Convenience syntax for importing the module itself along with items within

Tommi rusty.gates at icloud.com
Tue Jun 3 02:15:38 PDT 2014

I find it somewhat jarring to have to spend two lines for the following kind of imports:

use module::Type;
use module;

So, I suggest we add a nicer syntax for doing the above imports using the following single line:

use module::{self, Type};

It would probably be a good idea to force the `self` to be the first item on that list. And if someone writes the following...

use module::self;

...that should probably cause at least a warning saying something like "You should write `use module;` instead of `use module::self;`".