[rust-dev] [ANN] Rust ported to DragonFlyBSD

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Wed Jul 30 07:22:34 PDT 2014

Am 30.07.2014 um 16:04 schrieb Rob Latham:
 > On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Michael Neumann <mneumann at ntecs.de>
wrote:
 >> Am 29.07.2014 um 20:37 schrieb Rob Latham:
 >>> what other errors were you encountering with the --target approach?
 >>
 >> When building the related C libraries you also need to specify the
 >> --sysroot to point to the DragonFly tree, otherwise it's building the
 >> libraries targeted at DragonFly but with Linux header files, which
 >> clearly is *wrong*.
 >
 > I'd set this up in mk/platform.mk.  Check out how arm-apple-ios does it:
 >
 > CFG_IOS_SDK = $(shell xcrun --show-sdk-path -sdk iphoneos 2>/dev/null)
 > CFG_IOS_FLAGS = -target armv7-apple-darwin -isysroot $(CFG_IOS_SDK)
 > -mios-version-min=7.0
 > CFG_CFLAGS_arm-apple-ios := -arch armv7 -mfpu=vfp3 $(CFG_IOS_FLAGS)
 >
 > https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/blob/master/mk/platform.mk#L158

I tried this as you can see here [1]. But you have to consider that Mac
OS X comes with an iphone SDK while Linux does not come with DragonFly
"SDK" :D. I think no-one ever tried to cross-compile a program for
DragonFly :).

[1]:
https://github.com/mneumann/rust/commit/ab1124980f97558af87b789a1c0772bfa7e23704

Regards,