[rust-dev] std::num::pow() is inadequate / language concepts

Gregor Cramer remarcg at gmx.net
Fri Jul 25 13:45:28 PDT 2014

> And of course it's possible to change something to a trait after the
> fact without breaking API compatibility.

How you are doing this? I'm in fact a newbie in Rust, and it's interesting
that this can be done. std::num::pow() is a good example, I think.
Suppose I already have a program which is using std::num::pow() with a
self defined integer type. Now you are changing std::num::pow(), moving
the functionality into a trait. And my program will still compile and work
as before?