[rust-dev] moving out few odd libraries from the main tree

Ilya Dmitrichenko errordeveloper at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:28:35 PDT 2014

It would be great to discuss which libraries can be removed from the
main tree, I can see that there had been some progress with liburl
[1], but there appear to be a few other very dubious libraries that
can easily leave outside of the main tree.

The ones I was able to spot so far, would be:

- libfourcc
- libsemver

The main question would be where would these live on github? Should it
be under the main (`github.com/rust`) organisation or actually we
could consider creating `github.com/rust-libs`?

[1]: https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/10707

Cheers,
--
Ilya