[rust-dev] compiling Rust to C?

Josh Haberman jhaberman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 00:29:23 PDT 2014

Is there any prospect of compiling Rust to C anytime in the mid to near future?

This would be a really attractive option for anyone who wants to write
in Rust, but wants the extreme portability of C.

Actually maybe I should first ask if this is actually a tractable
problem. Are there technical reasons that would prevent compiling Rust
into portable C?

LLVM's C Backend seems to have fallen out of maintenance -- would this
provide the solution I am looking for, if it were maintained?

Thanks,
Josh