[rust-dev] How to get the file descriptors of standard I/O types?

Alex Crichton alex at crichton.co
Mon Jul 14 12:38:56 PDT 2014

There is not currently a method of doing so through the `std::io`
apis. While possible through the rustuv and native apis, I would
discourage manual use of those crates as they have experimental and
volatile APIs.

You may be interested in https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/15643
which may add support for acquiring the file descriptor. That PR has
dome discussion about the hazards of doing so, as well.