[rust-dev] Rust and object capabilities?

Rob Meijer pibara at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 23:09:41 PDT 2014

I've been trying to read up on Rust a little bit, and things look really
amazing.  Given the focus on 'safety' and the strong link between safety
and integrity related issues, I was intrigued by the following question:
how far would Rust be removed from possibly becoming an object capability
language, and has making Rust an object-capability language, or defining an
ocap secure Rust subset (like Joe-e jor Java) been considered?

Rob