[rust-dev] Met with a terrible fate

Isak Andersson contact at bitpuffin.com
Wed Jul 2 15:07:19 PDT 2014

Hello!

I have written a library in Rust that has some pub extern fv's in it so
that they are callable from C. I wrote a C program to try calling these
functions and I was met with the following message:

% ./test

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

fatal runtime error: Could not unwind stack, error = 5
zsh: illegal hardware instruction  ./test

To begin with, nice reference!

Second of all. How do I fix this, I am guessing that I need to start the
rust runtime or something but I don't know how to do this, if someone could
point me in the right direction that would be great!

If you need more specific code examples of what I'm doing I can provide it
it's just that I'm gonna sleep now and it doesn't seem like that's all too
relevant. Also I did link to the libraries in the order it told me to.

Cheers!

Isak Andersson