[rust-dev] Deprecating rustpkg

Vladimir Lushnikov vladimir at slate-project.org
Fri Jan 31 16:07:47 PST 2014

Then you would want to know about it. No package manager for a language has
a way to see security advisories (and this is a problem). Gentoo has GLSA
which is kind of OK (better than scanning the CVE list yourself) but I feel
a language should offer a tool to do exactly this.

Just to be clear, I think what you are saying is that you want version
pinning to be dynamic? I.e. when a new version of a library dependency
becomes available, upgrade the package with that dependency?