[rust-dev] Deprecating rustpkg

Vladimir Lushnikov vladimir at slate-project.org
Fri Jan 31 16:05:46 PST 2014

I disagree. With the same analogy, I could sell you a blunt knife - you
would use it as a letter opener, and then I would fix the bug. Now you
might actually cut yourself!

I think this is a different concern. It should be up to the library author
what they deems as 'compatible'. It does not excuse the consumers of the
library to do their own testing that it produces the results they want (a
version number in any form is not a proof of correctness).