[rust-dev] "let mut" <-> "var"

Jason Fager jfager at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 09:18:52 PST 2014

3 extra characters isn't doing anything to stop consenting adults.
 Nobody's saying get rid of mutable variables, just that it seems like a
waste of limited resources to figure out how to streamline them when in
general their use should be limited to where necessary.

Python isn't busy trying to figure out how to make 'look before you leap'
easier.  They have a culture of discouraging it and favoring 'forgiveness
over permission'.  Consenting adults can do all the looking they like, but that
doesn't mean Python is going to bend over backwards to make it pleasant for
them.