[rust-dev] "let mut" <-> "var"

Matthew McPherrin mozilla at mcpherrin.ca
Wed Jan 29 18:56:37 PST 2014

"let mut" is to some degree syntactic salt, in my mind.   Minimizing
mutability as the easy thing to do creates better code, I think.  That
isn't to say mutability is a bad thing, but more that you should think
about whether you need it when you're writing code.

I'm not convinced the incremental language complexity is worth it.  Let
with a pattern is pretty elegant IMHO and I'd rather not mess with it.