[rust-dev] Moving libcrypto back into rust repo?

Sean McArthur smcarthur at mozilla.com
Wed Jan 29 11:08:23 PST 2014

Considering the effort to break up libextra into multiple crates in
#8784[1], could rust-crypto[2] be moved back into rust as libcrypto?

Some comments on the issue deviated about whether crypto should written
*in* Rust, or just be bindings. As a user, I don't care how they are
implemented, as long as the exposed API is Rust-like. However, I can't
imagine scouring the internet for a crypto library maintained by someone,
instead of using what comes with Rust (which gives me a sense of assurance
that it does the crypto correctly).

[1]: https://github.com/mozilla/rust/issues/8784
[2]: https://github.com/DaGenix/rust-crypto