[rust-dev] Why focus on single-consumer message passing?

Lee Braiden leebraid at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 00:17:39 PST 2014

On 26/01/14 15:00, Vladimir Lushnikov wrote:
> Here are a couple of observations/comments from a rust lurker:
>
>    ** And anyway we cannot implement STM in the rust core library I think

Worth noting that Haswell supports STM in hardware:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transactional_Synchronization_Extensions

So this may be something worth looking into.

We really should consider what hardware might look like in 5-10 years
time, if Rust is planned as a mainstream language in that sort of timeframe.

--
Lee