[rust-dev] RFC: New Rust channel proposal

Lee Braiden leebraid at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 06:45:30 PST 2014

On 24/01/14 13:34, Benjamin Striegel wrote:
> Anyway, if we've devolving into bikeshedding then it might be time to
> abandon this thread. Usability isn't something that can be crowdsourced.

Well, what you're essentially saying here (assuming you don't mean to
disrespect non-core folks by calling them "the crowd") is that
"usability can't be discussed", but of course it can, IF you bear
overall principles in mind, rather than devolving into individual
instances too much.   In this case, the overall usability issues we're
TRYING to communicate are:

1)    X::new()  should return an X
2)    An "X" should do what it sounds like it does

--
Lee