[rust-dev] RFC: New Rust channel proposal

Lee Braiden leebraid at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 04:23:03 PST 2014

On 24/01/14 03:54, Brandon Sanderson wrote:

> I would expect Channel::new() to create a channel object that either
> lets me send and receive, or lets me get a source and sink to send and
> receive with.  Borrow rules may prevent this, but my point is that
> Channel::new() would generally be expected to return a struct, and not
> a tuple.

Yes.  I think either:

     * Channel should be a struct, created by Channel::new(), with
sender and receiver instances as fields (by whatever name) --
essentially, the tuple should become a struct, with better naming of
port and chan
     * Channel should have a  ChannelTrait implemention, with send() and
receive(), and should be created by Channel::new()

But from what Benjamin says below, it seems like the latter isn't necessary.

--
Lee