[rust-dev] RFC: New Rust channel proposal

Brandon Sanderson singingboyo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 03:22:28 PST 2014

My biggest gripe with port and channel is that a port can both send and
receive things, and a channel is what this things travel along.  Also, I
believe there is precedent in other languages for source/sink, though that
may be only for pipes, which are unrelated to this discussion.

Regardless, I agree that source/sink is unintuitive. (Do I take things from
the source or put them there as source material for the sink?)  Perhaps
SendPort and ReceivePort (or RecvPort) would be better names?