[rust-dev] Code review checklist

Flaper87 flaper87 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 04:52:00 PST 2014

Hey,

I've been doing reviews for a bit and I just realized we, as community,
don't have a review checklist that all reviewers should go through. I
thought that it could be useful to have a wiki page describing the review
proces for newcomers and people willing to contribute with reviews.

I wrote some points here[0] based on what I've seen. I also added a section
for non-core reviewers (people w/o r+ powers). In this section I just added
1 item in order for these group of folks (which I'm part of) to give their
blessing to the patches they've reviewed. This will welcome more reviewes
at the cost of adding more noise to the PR.

Any comments are welcome. Also, it's a wiki page so feel free to improve
it.  I haven't linked it to the 'Notes for developers' page because I'd
like it to be reviewed first.

[0] https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Note-code-review

FF

--