Lee Braiden leebraid at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 15:53:43 PST 2014

On 14/01/14 23:49, Jan Niklas Hasse wrote:
> I disagree! rustpkg should handle dependencies for building a rust
> package. It can automatically know which packages are needed from
> "extern mod" etc. apt-get and others are just unsuited for this.

But that is exactly my point.  Only Rust developers / tools / community
know that information, so we should make it available to others.

If you're trying to say, though, that we should hide that information so
we can control builds, I think that simply WON'T work WELL.  Sure, it
can work, but there will be package conflicts; you will be making
people's lives harder.

--
Lee