[rust-dev] RFC: New Rust channel proposal

Jeffery Olson olson.jeffery at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 20:09:58 PST 2014

This is a great proposal, Brian.

I have no criticisms of the proposal itself, feeling that it's a
level-headed response to the previous threads on this issue.

But I do have a request (something I know Daniel Micay brought up in
#rust): What would it take to get shared-Port like functionality in a
similar fashion to the "upgradable" shared-Chan? I think multi-producer,
multi-consumer would be pretty swell as within reach defaults. I
understand, in previous runtime implementations, doing sendable Ports was
pretty much Out Of The Question. I'm curious if things have changed enough
to warrant revisiting to see if it's worth it? Do you think it's a bridge
too far?

I know this distracts from the current issue that your proposal is
addressing and I apologize for that. I'm just curious if it's worth
throwing into the mix.

As it currently stands, though, your proposal gets a +1 from me.

Cheers