james james at mansionfamily.plus.com
Sat Jan 11 04:03:54 PST 2014

On 10/01/2014 08:54, Jan Niklas Hasse wrote:
> Also cmake still depends on make (or even worse Visual Studio / Xcode).
We use cmake with ninja at work, and that seems to work pretty well.

I suggest if you want to write a tool, then you first write something
that generates ninja files.  Then you immediately have a bootstrap
mechanism, plus something that will do builds rather quickly
thereafter.  scons can be (very) slow.  My experience with waf was
better, but I think generating a nnja script is superior and there are
several tools to do that.  You could look at gyp, for example.