[rust-dev] Appeal for CORRECT, capable, future-proof math, pre-1.0

Diggory Hardy lists at dhardy.name
Sat Jan 11 03:51:57 PST 2014

There is static analysis (i.e. determine ahead of time exactly what values
variables may take), but it's certainly not a panacea: the analysis step is
slow (probably too slow to fully integrate into a compiler), not everything
can be solved, and most existing solvers are not free software as far as I am
aware.

It could perhaps be used for a little optimisation and for proofs that overflow
doesn't occur in some cases, but integrating a static analysis system with a
compiler would be no easy task. Leon is the most advanced version I'm aware of
(though it's not really my field): http://lara.epfl.ch/w/leon