[rust-dev] Appeal for CORRECT, capable, future-proof math, pre-1.0

Lee Braiden leebraid at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 21:15:49 PST 2014

This may be go nowhere, especially so late in Rust's development, but I
feel like this is an important, relatively small change (though a
high-profile one).  I believe it could have a large, positive impact in
terms of targeting new developer communities, gaining more libraries and
applications, giving a better impression of the language, AND on
performance and futureproofing.

However, a lot of people who are interested in performance will probably
baulk at this, on first sight.  If you're in that group, let me
encourage you to keep reading, at least until the points on performance
/improvements/.  Then baulk, if you like ;)

Also, I said it in the post as well, but it's late here, so apologies
for any readability / editing issues.  I tried, but sleep beckons ;)

http://blog.irukado.org/2014/01/an-appeal-for-correct-capable-future-proof-math-in-nascent-programming-languages/

--
Lee