[rust-dev] Ephemeral byte arrays for cryptographic keys/plaintexts

Bill Myers bill_myers at outlook.com
Fri Jan 10 14:15:38 PST 2014

This can be easily implemented in Rust as a struct doing exactly that.

There's no need to modify the I/O layer, since you'd simply borrow an &[u8] from the type and pass it, resulting in the I/O layer directly writing into the locked zeroed-on-destruction memory.

As for crypto, it seems the plan is to not implement it in Rust, but
 to bind to libraries such as OpenSSL, libgcrypt, Windows CryptoAPI, etc.

I guess patches would be welcome to implement this.