[rust-dev] Ephemeral byte arrays for cryptographic keys/plaintexts

Kevin Ballard kevin at sb.org
Fri Jan 10 12:27:31 PST 2014

Given that the crypto philosophy of the core Rust libraries is "don't put crypto in the core Rust libraries", I don't think a type like this needs to be in the core libraries. But I do think this is a good opportunity for a third-party library to create this type and promote itself as the set of building blocks for doing crypto in Rust. Furthermore, I could also imagine there being official Rust documentation that recommends this third-party library to anyone who wants to do crypto.

-Kevin