Lee Braiden leebraid at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 11:18:32 PST 2014

Hmm, after further reading, I think I've they're making more progress on
it than I thought, from first impressions of the discussion.  They've
had a lot of different issues to deal with, not just the
self-dependency, but they got 0.7 packaged, at least.

More detail here, particularly in the last comment:

You can see there that the debian packagers also referenced a list of
issues that the fedora wrote up:

     https://github.com/mozilla/rust/wiki/Note-packaging

--
Lee