Patrick Walton pwalton at mozilla.com
Fri Jan 10 10:56:03 PST 2014

I definitely encourage any sort of experimentation with build systems in Rust. But the most important criterion for Rust to adopt a build system in practice is going to be whether someone is available and willing to maintain it at a production quality level. That trumps all technical and language evangelism issues, in my mind.

Not saying we don't have the resources in the community, mind you, just establishing what is in my mind an important criterion.

Patrick