SiegeLord slabode at aim.com
Fri Jan 10 07:17:00 PST 2014

On 01/10/2014 06:19 AM, Robert Knight wrote:
> Hello,
>
> CMake does have a few things going for it:

One more consideration is that LLVM can be built with CMake afaik, so if
we switch to CMake we may be able to drop the autotools dependency,
which is a more annoying dependency to fulfill (on Windows) than CMake
(I don't know if Rust has other components that require autotools though).

Along the same lines, we also require Python for whatever reason, so
SCons would be a natural option too (it can't build LLVM though). I'd
only use SCons conditional on it accepting a Rust dependency scanner
into its source: using its current custom scanner infrastructure is not
practical as I found out.

As for waf... they and Debian have been having a tiff (e.g. see
http://waf-devel.blogspot.com/2012/01/debian.html ,
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/02/msg00207.html ). I would
not suggest it based on that.

-SL