Jan Niklas Hasse jhasse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 00:54:21 PST 2014

Have you heart about waf? http://code.google.com/p/waf/

It only depends on Python so this would not result in another dependency.
The python script (< 200 kB) can be included in the repository.

I am all for using rustpkg though. And I'm strongly against cmake, because
I don't know its language and don't like a build system which doesn't use
an already existing one (like scons is using Python). Also cmake still
depends on make (or even worse Visual Studio / Xcode).