[rust-dev] Rust 0.9 released

Nathan Myers ncm at cantrip.org
Thu Jan 9 16:47:35 PST 2014

Much blush

Congratulations, this looks like a big step in a right direction,
and in a very short time.

When I build on Debian amd64 with g++-4.8.2, I get internal C++
compiler failures in stage 0.  I run "make" again, and it builds
OK for a while, and then dies on another file.  It does finish
stage 0 after a few cycles of this.  Should I be using the "other"
C++ compiler?

Also, running "make -j4", I get failures like:

/bin/mv: cannot stat
`/tmp/rust-0.9/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/llvm/utils/TableGen/Release+Asserts/AsmMatcherEmitter.d.tmp':
No such file or directory

I haven't seen these when building with just "make".

(0.8 built without hiccups on g++-4.7 and "make -j3".)

Nathan Myers